The air compressor is one of the most versatile machines created by man that has become a must to have at home to clean your car with high pressured water, to help you spray paint with accuracy to bring life back to your old furniture or household items, the list goes on but on of the biggest drawback would be the noise generated from these machines when using them for long hours.
I love scuba diving and prefer filling up my own tanks at home when I head out for the weekend with my friends to dive. I need a minimum of four tanks for myself and also fill my friend’s tanks that fill during the week. My wife has been complaining about all the noise it creates to fill the tanks. I needed a solution where I don’t disturb my neighbors and my wife and still be able to fill my tanks in peace.
I’ve done some research online and rounded up some of the best quietest 60-gallon air compressors available.
Here are the top 5 best quietest 60-gallon air compressors you can buy today.
- California Air Tools 2010A Ultra Quiet
- Quincy QT-54 Splash Lubricated Reciprocating Air Compressor
- Ingersoll Rand 2340L5-V 5hp 60 Gal Air Compressor
- Campbell Hausfeld 60-Gallon Air Compressor
- DeWalt DXCMV5076055 60-Gallon Quiet Air Compressor
Recommended Read: Best Quietest 3000 Watt Portable Generators
Table of Contents
Top 5 Best Quietest 60-Gallon Air Compressors
California Air Tools 2010A Ultra Quiet
The first 60- gallon air compressor on my list is from the brand California, they are known for making some of the best air compressors that produce minimal amounts of noise. It has two tanks installed that offer enough and more compressed air to get all your work done. It has a unique oil-free pump that removes the need to change the oil for the compressor giving it longer life and durability. The whole unit is designed to be light in weight making it easy to carry and portable enough to take with you if needed.
The powerful motor installed is of 1.0 HP while running and can peak at 2.0 HP giving more than enough power to handle any situation. The motor runs with minimal noise as low as 60 db making it one of the quietest air compressors.
It provides a CFM of 3.10 at 40 PSI and 2.20 CFM at 90 PSI providing you with the pressure to wash your car, spray paint and inflation.
- Super-quiet unit that produces less than 60 Decibels.
- Low maintenance and zero cost thanks to the oil-free pump.
- Provides a CFM of 3.10 at 40 PSI and 2.20 CFM at 90 PSI making it capable of handling all your household needs.
- Aluminum Tank that is made with a strong sturdy material that is rust free for a long life.
Quincy QT-54 Splash Lubricated Reciprocating Air Compressor
The Quincy QT-54 60-gallon air compressor has been voted one of the quietest air compressors of 2021 close to the California 2010A. The heart of the unit has a unique motor that uses a splash lubricated piston-style air pump. It has a 5 HP motor that requires a 230-volts power supply to run.
This air compressor was designed for industrial use as the motor installed is from the premium brand Baldor. It has a thermal overload protector to avoid any unwanted pressure overload in the unit. A capacitor starter allows you to start the unit easily and get it to peak working status in a matter of seconds.
The unit can provide an incredible amount of air pressure of up to a whopping 145 to 173 PSI while providing a pump RPM 1310. The motor is gas-powered that puts out very little emission and runs really quiet.
This air compressor has been tested for 30,000 hours of running use making it one of the most durable machines along with a one-year warranty making it worth the money.
- Has a unique splash lubricated piston-style air pump installed.
- A powerful 5 HP motor is installed to provide a long runtime.
- Industrial standard Baldor motor that is made to last.
- It can provide air pressure of 145 PSI to 173 PSI.
- The pump provides an RPM of 1310.
- Low maintenance with 5 PPM oil carry-over.
- Built-in thermal overload protection.
Ingersoll Rand 2340L5-V 5hp 60 Gal Air Compressor
The Ingersoll Rand 60-gallon air compressor is an excellent air compressor designed for garage work, woodwork, and automotive use. The unit has high-quality cast-iron cylinders installed for long life and durability. It also has a sturdy pump that can provide long life and has been tested to last as long as 30 years.
The material used to make the machine is to avoid one of the biggest problems with air compressors that is cracks and leaks. The machine is made to be highly durable and extremely resistant to any cracks.
It can provide a PSI of 175 with a CFM of 14.3 from a 230-volt motor, This is excellent for handling pressure-intense tasks like inflating industrial vehicles with massive tires and automotive work.
The unit has a unique crankshaft system that is over hung with a one-piece connecting rod that reduces the level of maintenance required over the years. An automatic start and stop option make it easy to handle if you are handling it alone.
The machine is fitted with an industrial-grade ODP motor that is built to handle heavy-duty work that stores its air in an ASME-rated air tank. An inter-cooling system and air-cooled aftercooler ensure the motor and unit does not overheat from long hours of use. The unit comes with two years of warranty.
- Cast Iron tank for extra durability and to avoid any leaks or cracks.
- Provides a PSI of 175 with a CFM of 14.3 from a 230-volt motor.
- It has an ODP industrial standard motor installed for running long hours.
- An ASME-rated air tank provides extra durability.
- Inter-cooling system and air-cooled aftercooler avoid any chance of overheating.
- The unit comes with two years of warranty.
Campbell Hausfeld 60-Gallon Air Compressor
The Campbell Hausfeld 60-gallon air compressor is different from the above compressors as it is oil-lubricated and made of strong high quality cast iron. This machine is highly preferred for powering and driving tools that are used for painting, welding metal, rotation of wheels, and nailing of wood and walls.
This powerful air compressor provides a massive HP of 3.7 HP with a max PSI of 175 capable of heavy-duty work for long hours. The unit has low recovery time reducing the idle time so the compressor can recover faster and provide longer hours.
The in-built cooling system is efficient and keeps the unit from overheating ensuring safe and long hours of use from the unit. The whole unit performs efficiently with very low decibels of sound to avoid any noise blees. The unit comes with three year warranty that makes this unit worth every
- 60-gallon cast-iron tank to avoid cracks and leaks.
- Provides massive HP of 3.7 with a max PSI of 175.
- Oil-lubricated compressor for supporting work tools.
- In-built cooling system to avoid any chance of overheating.
- Designed to produce very little noise and comfortable to use for long hours without ear bleeds
- Three-years of warranty.
DeWalt DXCMV5076055 60-Gallon Quiet Air Compressor
DeWalt is a well-known brand for industrial products and their low noise emitting compressor is an amazing addition to their wide range of industrial products. The 60-gallon air compressor was designed for heavy-duty use, so if you’re looking for a quiet air compressor for welding and spray painting for business this is my top choice for you.
It has a powerful 5 HP motor with an additional thermal overload protection system that removes any risk of damage to the motor from energy fluctuation. It provides a maximum PSI of 17g, one of the powerful PSI’s offered out there that allows you to implement the compressor for various tools.
The piston in the engine and pump are patented designs from the brand, ensuring excellent compression and powerful efficiency. This is combined with the efficient working of a quick pump, inbuilt cooling system, and high-pressure tank. You get excellent performance with very minimal noise.
The downside is that the price tag on this heavy-duty machine is quite expensive so if you are looking for an air compressor for a business that requires it for heavy-duty everyday use, this is
my top choice for you.
- Quiet cast iron 60-gallon air compressor.
- Powerful 5 HP motor that provides a maximum PSI of 17g.
- In-built cooling system to avoid any chance of overheating of the engine.
- Patented design for one-of-a-kind performance of compression.
- Patented quick pump for quick compression.
- High-pressure tank.
- Electric motors are protected from thermal overload.
- Capable of running more than one tool at a time saving time and effort.
These are the top quietest 60-gallon air compressors that can handle anything from inflating oxygen tanks at home to running two tools at the same time. While emitting the least amount of noise possible.
Greetings! My name is Michael and this is my website.
I've been specializing in audio equipment and accessories for a while and have a little something in store for every kind of hi-fi enthusiast.
Based in California, I keep attending special launch events across the globe. This has helped me understand the products better, and with a unique hands-on experience I'm able to provide you with easy to understand reviews about the best in audio tech from around the world.