If you’re wondering how to download music from YouTube on Android devices, then this article is for you.
Music is one of the most common forms of entertainment that people in the 21st century love to indulge in, from going on long drives with your favorite tunes running to set the mood to working on your presentations at home with some ambient grooves to get those creative juices flowing.
Music is definitely a big part of my life and I’m sure it’s a part of yours too, One of the common problems I’ve faced in the past is poor network connectivity while driving which causes my YouTube music to stop and resume when the network has better connectivity.
I needed a cost-effective way to listen to my music without having to subscribe to multiple online music platforms.
The best way to do this is by downloading your music to your phone’s internal storage in your Android phone. I’m going to be taking you through a couple of methods that have helped me download my favorite YouTube videos and music onto my phone.
Recommended Read: List Of Free Music Download Apps For Android
How to Download Music from YouTube on Android: An Overview
There are many ways you can download music from YouTube on Android but two of the safest and most popular methods are by either downloading a third-party app on your smartphone such as Tubemate or by visiting an online web converting website. Both are safe and you will be able to download music in high 320kbps quality and most of the top rated sites like Onlinevideoconverter and Videoder let you download music along with the video files attached.
Table of Contents
How to Download Music from YouTube on Android Smartphones
Different Ways of Downloading from YouTube to your Android Phone
Online Web-based Converters
Online based web-converters are easy to use web pages that let you download music files onto your laptop or Android smartphone by simply entering the source file/URL and hitting on the download button. While many sites claim to offer good services, only a handful of them deliver top quality audio files with minimal advertisements.
We use our Android smartphone on an everyday basis and it holds a lot of our personal information that can have consequences if it falls into the wrong hands. If you don’t want to install any third-party.APK file into your phone that might cause risk to your personal info. This method of downloading is the safest and risk-free.
- Y2mate is an online YouTube to MP3 converter that will help you convert and download all your favorite music into your android phone. Follow the steps below to get this done.
- First, you will need to install an AdBlocker, an ad blocker basically blocks the malware and phishing site pop-ups and helps you download your music without any interruptions.
- After you’ve downloaded and installed the AdBlocker, open your web browser.
- Make sure the ad blocker is active on the web browser in your android phone or else the download will not take place.
- Go to the site Y2mate, once you are here. Copy the URL of the YouTube song you want to download.
- Now paste it in the empty field provided for you to enter the copied URL.
- Once you paste the URL, the option to convert the link will be provided. Select the option.
- This should start the process of conversion, this will take a minute or two depending on your internet speed.
- Once converted you will get the option to download the music file.
- Once downloaded it will be directly saved in the internal memory of your Android Device for your listening pleasure.
Here is another website that offers you the same options as Y2mate but with more options to customize your YouTube download. You will need an AdBlocker again to download your song without any hassles.
- Open Onlinevideoconverter on your Android phone browser.
- Once the webpage is opened, you will notice it has a pretty similar process to Y2mate to download YouTube videos and music.
- Copy the URL from the song you want to download, once copied paste it in the field provided on the web page.
- Now you can choose the quality of the YouTube music video or song you want to download. You can choose from 192 kbps to 320 kbps, which is a huge plus if you’re an audiophile who is looking for quality downloads.
- You can also choose the format of the YouTube song, aac, .ogg, .wma, .wav, .m4a, .flac are the formats provided.
- There is also an additional option to set the duration of time consumed to convert the file.
- Once you’ve chosen the settings to your liking, you will see an option called start. Go ahead and tap on it.
- This will begin the conversion process and provide you with the download button once the file is ready.
Another added advantage to this website is the fact that you can download full-length videos from YouTube as well. Think of it as a one-stop-shop for all your offline android entertainment needs.
I usually download some free documentaries available on YouTube that keep me entertained when I least expect it.
So that is how you download YouTube music with minimal risk and without downloading any third party .APK file. Now Let’s move on to an App based YouTube downloader.
App-Based YouTube Downloaders
Let’s understand one thing before we go ahead, Apps that provide such services are not appreciated by google and intern will not be available to you on the google play store you will need to download it directly from the developer’s website or from APK mirror.
Videoder is the first app that is a trusted app and can be downloaded directly from their website. You also have the option of downloading it from APKMirror, just tap on the click and you will be directed to the download page.
Since this app isn’t appreciated by Google, you will need to authorize third-party app download on your Android Phone before downloading the APK file. You can do this in the setting on your Android phone.
- Once you’ve enabled installation of unknown sources, go to the downloads of the browser you downloaded the APK file and launch the App.
- Once you’ve launched the app, you will then have to search for the song you want to download within the app.
- It is very much like YouTube but will not play the video when you search for it, instead, it will provide you with various download links for the YouTube video you want to download.
- As you scroll through the different options you will find Audio download links with different lengths and quality.
- Choose the one you find most appropriate, once tap on your selected audio file you will have to choose the download destination.
- Once you’ve set the desired download location, tap on the start download option to download the file to the desired location on your android phone.
Tubemate is another android app-based downloader that helps you to download your YouTube music to your android phone. Even this app is not appreciated by google so you will have to go to the official website for Tubemate to download the app to your phone or you can find it in APKMirror.
- First, you will have to enable the installation of unknown sources in the setting of your Android phone. It is found in the security category.
- Now go to the location of the APK file and open the application.
- You will have to agree to the terms and conditions to install the app successfully.
- Once done, search for the YouTube song that you have in mind.
- Once you see the results pop up, you will find a green arrow button which you’ll need to click on to get the download options.
- You will be provided with the audio format to download, choose the one you find most appropriate and the download will begin.
- The file should go directly to your downloads.
Download the Video along with the Audio from YouTube to an Android Phone
From the above options I’ve provided to download your favorite music. Before you start the conversion process. The App or Online converter site will provide you with options of formats available to you.
If you change the format from Mp3 to MP4 or .MOV file, you will automatically download the video along with the audio when you are downloading the file.
You might get a weird filename when downloading the file, continue the download and check the file and rename it. This is done for security for you and the website or App.
Can I Download YouTube Music to my iPhone?
You might face issues with downloading the music directly to your iPhone, I would suggest you follow the same process that is mentioned above to download from Y2mate or Onlinevideoconverter.
It is the same process and you will again have to use the ad blocker to allow the song to download successfully. Once you’ve downloaded all the songs you desire from YouTube, make a folder and transfer all the songs into it.
Now connect your iPhone to the laptop, once the laptop recognizes the iPhone, It will open iTunes and show you all your files. Create a new playlist on the phone (Since iPhone doesn’t have external memory) Add the songs to the playlist by dragging and dropping them inside or importing them.
Once added, refresh your playlist and tap on newly added. You will find all your favorite music on the list.
Greetings! My name is Michael and this is my website.
I've been specializing in audio equipment and accessories for a while and have a little something in store for every kind of hi-fi enthusiast.
Based in California, I keep attending special launch events across the globe. This has helped me understand the products better, and with a unique hands-on experience I'm able to provide you with easy to understand reviews about the best in audio tech from around the world.